MPLP - is a compression set Liner Top Packer which is designed specifically for steam applications. It is rated to 600˚F and 3000 psi.
It consists of a Liner top TBR, Thermal Packing Element and Heavy Duty Bi-Directional Slips. The packer is set by mechanical force via the running tool setting dogs when weight is applied to the PBR.
Features, Advantages and Benefits:
- The Packer is mechanically compression-set after releasing the Mechanical Liner Running Tool and applying weight to the top of the PBR.
- Mandrel Lock Ring maintain packing element set.
- Variety of optional elastomers for packer element and seal assembly optimizes chemical resistance with completion and production fluids.
- Available with a full range of packing elements.
- Full bore design ensures unrestricted access to the liner.
- Bodies are manufactured from mechanical tubing to equivalent grade as the liner. 80,000 psi and 110,000 psi yield strengths are standard.
- Other yield strengths and materials available on request.