KTTJ is a Travel Joint, which will be located below the Mechanical-set Liner Hanger and has effective travel of 15 feet.
The Travel Joint is keyed to allow for transmitting torque through the entire assembly, and is fitted with 600 deg F seals. Pressure Rating is 3000 psi. Typical operations include thermal expansion and contraction during production or for injection wells . The Travel Joint can also be run in hole pinned in the closed or open position.
Features, Advantages and Benefits:
- Splined mandrel or non splined mandrel.
- Can be pinned in closed, open and mid-stroke position.
- Typical operations include compensation in completion or liner thermal expansion and contraction during production or when injecting.
- The Travel Joint can also be run in hole pinned in the closed or open position in the well.
- The Travel Joint will compensate for any movement caused by thermal expansion or contraction. This is achieved by the available stroke length build into the tool. When pumping cold fluids into the well like water or acid the Travel Joint will automatically compensate for any changes in tubing length.
The travel joint can be manufactured in all sizes and lengths for thermal expansion or contraction applications as well as completion or liner space outs.
Once weight is applied from above and the pins shear, the travel joint can be spaced out to accommodate thermal expansion or contraction.